I adore dressing up for Halloween, but I know not everyone does. This year, why not give your guests a break and place the emphasis on your party’s decor and design. Pick one of your favorite scary movies or TV shows and bring it to life in your home! We came up with some creepy party ideas based off our five most loved horror shows.
1. Carrie: Everyone will recognize the classic prom scene from this oldie but goodie. Make like you’re head of the prom planning committee and set up a balloon arch and a big bowl of (spiked) punch. For fun, create a prom-style photo booth for your guests to pose in. And don’t forget to drizzle everything with a healthy splatter of blood!
2. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow: Invite friends over for an intimate dinner party hosted by the Headless Horseman. Set the table with dark linens and smokey glassware. Add lots of candles and lanterns for an extra eerie effect.
3. Hocus Pocus: Host a girls’ night that features a cauldron of delicious drinks and a showing of this classic! Serve snacks, like salted carmel popcorn, on pedestals that resemble witches hats and cauldrons, like the ones pictured above.
4. True Blood: O Positive and lots of jambalaya should be on the menu for this Southern-style vampire bash. Serve blood orange mimosas and red velvet cupcakes, and be sure to hold the garlic!
5. Dexter: Celebreate everyone’s favorite serial killer with Dexter-themed dinner party. Drape the space, and your table, in plastic to mimic one of Dexter’s kill rooms and use glass slides as place cards. Serve some of the classic Cuban food Miami is known for. And be sure to leave behind enough blood spatter patterns for your guests to analyze!
1. Photobooth via Kayla Jones Photography 2. Dinner table via Pinterest 3. Popcorn Balls via Cooking Channel TV 4. True Blood Cupcakes via Hostess with the Mostess 5. Dexter Cupcakes via Magnolia Bakery